Monday, April 2, 2012

Learning to fly....well, ok, to camp....

Welcome to this first blog of Troop 602. Troop 602 is a group of boys working together, moving towards their Eagle Scout status.
This year will be Troop 602's first year in existence. As such, we are, indeed, learning to fly. So...to test out our wings this weekend we went for a little day trip to Bogue Chitto campground. Bogue Chitto is a lovely little state park that is very close to our home town.
By working together, the boys managed to set up camp, cook their own meal, break down camp AND achieve a hike AND a fire starting and safety class!!! With this achieved, I feel we can move on to camporee safely and with confidence.
An interesting adventure that we like to partake in while hiking is geocaching. Interestingly enough, we located a cache that we planted as PACK 602 two years ago while hiking. We will certainly be looking into more geocaching locations.
Boys...if you are reading this, I'd love to have YOU write an entry in this blog. Boy scouting is about YOU, not me. Although I love scouting, and all of you scouts, it's how I see you going about the scouting adventure that really makes me tick. You guys are great, and I want you to share your adventures. If you have photos to share, videos, recipes or ideas....send em in...let me know, I'll teach you how to get to the blog to share with the rest of the group.
Now..onto the embarassing, MRS HEATHER following you around with the camera moments!!

Here's what it's all about...WORKING TOGETHER!! Everyone works towards the same goal and it becomes closer and closer, until it's achieved!


Just because ....our Troop leader



He managed the BEST camping spot, and got his tent put up FIRST!! Great job!


Fire lessons...from a firefighter! Don't worry, later he taught them how to properly extinguish one as well...


On the hike itself...


The Pack 602 GeoCache....planted by many of these same boys two years ago!



Because at the end of the day, they are still indeed REAL boys!


My newest favorite scout!


And man, remember when we started ...he was such a baby, now he's growing up. Brenden has been with us through the conception of Pack 602 and now he's a charter member of Troop 602.









Keep Scouting!!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Scouts. I'm proud of each and every one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work guys and maybe we can arrange a trip to the wyoming rocky mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my peeps. I can't post something with a spelling error or a typo. It drives me nuts. Anyway I was just saying that Jorg is my younger brother. He lives in the mountains of Wyoming. He is half Daniel Boone, half caveman and half greatest little brother in the world! :) Perhaps one day Troop 602 will be able to send a couple of scouts to the mountains on a camping trip. I already know one that HAS to go. (Schmeegs this means you!)

      Delete